If you are having trouble getting started on your morning routine list, let me give you a quick start. Make your bed! Yes, every morning. Just this one thing will have a huge positive impact on your life. I resisted this advice for years (decades?) but when I finally started doing it, I noticed an immediate impact.
- It only takes two minutes! And when you get really good at it you can get that down to one minute.
- It’s a win first thing in the morning. Your first task is done. You are successful.
- Good habits build on themselves and create a good life.
- Studies show you sleep better in a made bed.
- If you have a bad day you can at least crawl into a made bed!
- The Wall Street Journal reports finding a positive correlation between wealth and those who make their beds daily.
- Every time you walk past your bedroom you will smile at how great your bedroom looks!
If all that is not enough, don’t take my word for it. Here is what Adm. William H. McRaven, commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, has to say about making your bed:
Admiral McRaven went on to write a book about life lessons from SEAL training. Click the book cover to learn more: